Ok ok. I have seen this riddle some donkey years ago, but have just received it again by email. I love puzzles and this is a personal favourite of mine, so people, start your heads cracking!
This is supposedly a puzzle set by Einstein! You know the brilliant guy who dreamed up the relativity theory? Here goes…
There are 5 houses located in a row, in 5 different colours. In every house, lives a person with a different nationality from the rest. The 5 of them, each drinks a certain type of beverage, smokes a unique brand of cigar and has a different pet. No 2 owners have the same pet, smoke the same kind of cigar or drink the same beverage.
The mind boggling question… ssshh… *whispers * Who owns a fish????
Here comes the clues!
1. The Brit lives in the red house.
2. The Swede keeps a dog as pet.
3. The Dane drinks tea.
4. The green house is on the left of the white house.
5. The owner of the green house drinks coffee.
6. The person who smokes the Pall Mall rears a bird.
7. The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
8. The guy who stays in the house, in the middle, is a Mommy’s boy, he drinks milk.
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The man who smokes blends lives next door to the one who has a cat.
11. The guy who owns a horse lives next to the Dunhill guy.
12. The Bluemasters smoker also drinks beer.
13. The German smokes Prince.
14. The Norwegian lives next door to the blue house.
15. The man who smokes Blends has a neighbour who drinks water. (Personal opinion : anyone in the world who doesn’t drink water?? Duh!)
According to Einy, 98% of the world can’t solve this riddle. Well, apparently the world has changed. Anyway, I belong to the 2% of the old world! Not bragging here, but I have to solve it before I can verify the answers that you will send to me, right? I wouldn’t have the audacity of posting an unsolved riddle and risk physical violence from all of you out there, although I hardly think that you will be able to find me. The world is big!