Ever since I bought the Joyoung Soy Milk Maker about 1.5 years ago, I’ve been meaning to write about it. But it kind of got back logged. 😅 Then forgotten.
I bought it from Taobao at a fraction of what I would have paid in SG. The only difference is in the plug. Fortunately, I discovered that it can use the same plug as my rice cooker! So voila! Just plug it in!! Less hassle!! 💪🏼
I’ve been using it to make almond milk recipe for the kiddos. Just dump all the ingredients into it. Press a button. Wait for it to beep. Filter. Drink!
It’s the same thing for the Soy Milk. I bought organic soya beans from cold storage. It doesn’t say non GMO on the packaging though. Just can’t find one that says non GMO. If anyone knows where to find it, let me know.
Soy Milk Recipe
- 1 cup soya beans
- 4 cups water
- 3 pandan leaves (shredded)
- 8 dates (I use medjool dates)
1. Soak soybeans in 2-3 cups of water overnight.
2. Discard water and rinse soybeans.
3. Remove skins to your best effort. I rub them between my fingers.
4. Add all ingredients to Joyoung. Press button. Read a book. 😬
5. When the machine beeps, filter it with a sieve or coffee sock.
6. Add honey or other sweeteners to taste. Or simply drink it straight up!
I use the pulp to make gluten free crackers!!!